Thursday, November 23, 2023

From Janet P October 8, 1975

 


Dear Dona,

First I must apologize for not writing for so long, since my holiday I have got really lazy and it's taken me all my time just to get ready to go anywhere, or I have just sat reading and listing to records.

I didn't know you liked unicorns but when I showed Jez the card he said you would be pleased.

You asked when Neil and Matthew's birthday was. Well Neil's is the 20th of this month and Mathew's is the 15th of December. Neil is 9 right now and Matthew will be 4.

Niky still has not got a job. At the moment there are over a million people unemployed. We watched a documentary about unemployment in a town near to us and we realized there is a lot of people worse off than us and at least I get a very good salary.

At the moment I am working on the money side of banking as up to press I have been behind the scenes but I am on the counter now but I am so scared if I give anybody too much money as it is very easily done.

Did you get our card from Italy? I don't know if you could read it as Niky's writing is difficult for me to read and I have been reading it for nearly 6 years. 

The weather was really great. We had one bad day but it only rained in the evenings, so that day was just a bit cloudy although it was still warm.

Have you had any luck with a job. I know when I had to go for my interview Niky went with me and waited outside. I was really scared [but] luck was with me and I got the job. I don't think I could have gone through any more. I rely on Niky. I don't think I could get on a train by myself, so you must have guts if you are coming the way to England next year.

I don't know if Jez has told you but if we can manage to get married next year it will be September the 4th. So I hope you can manage to be here then.

Anyway I am in my dinner hour and I will really have to go back or my boss will be on my back all afternoon. 

Lots of love,

Niky and Janet

P.S. Matt and Neil say hello.


Note: I'm pretty sure that Neil was Janet's younger brother and Matthew was her nephew. I remember both of them being very cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment

From Janet P March 25, 1977

  10 Westfield Drive, Yeadon Dear Dona, I am so sorry to have taken so long in replying to your letter but I should tell you that I cannot r...