Sunday, November 19, 2023

From Janet P August 23, 1975

 

Dear Dona,

I hope you had a happy birthday and received our cards on time. I'm afraid I had to write Neils as I could not find him to write it and I had to catch the post.

I'm afraid Niky didn't get into the police, in a way I'm rather pleased as I have never been a lover of the police force and I would never hand seen him because of the odd hours.

So we are waiting to see if he can get a job in the tax office if he does it will mean that we can just about afford to get married next year providing we both save like mad but if he doesn't have any luck I have no idea when it will be.

I don't know if Jeremy has told you about all my plans but just in case he hasn't I might as well tell you. I want two bridesmaids. You and my best friend Lorraine and Jeremy will be the best man. Lorraine's boyfriend (Graham) will be a groomsman and Matthew will be page boy. As the best man ususally gets paired off with the chief bridesmaid I thought you could be chief bridesmaid and then Lorraine can go with groomsman (Graham) that is providing she is still going out with him but they seem pretty keen on each other. So here's hoping Niky gets a job in time.

By the way, did you get a job? I hope you have better luck than Niky.

I can't tell you how it was in Italy as we have not been yet but I will send you a post card when we get there.

Jeremy did not tell us about your contact lenses but it must have been the only thing he missed out but I'm glad to both of you that you managed to get as much in that six weeks as he as told us about.

Anyway I had better close as I have to get ready to go out with Graham and Lorraine.

Love,

Janet and Niky


Note: Janet and Nick did end up getting married the following year and I was a bridesmaid.




No comments:

Post a Comment

From Janet P March 25, 1977

  10 Westfield Drive, Yeadon Dear Dona, I am so sorry to have taken so long in replying to your letter but I should tell you that I cannot r...