Friday, November 17, 2023

From Janet P April 5, 1975

 


6 Craggwood Terrace, Horsforth

Dear Dona,

I got your letter on Tuesday morning as I was rushing off to work. I put it in my bag and forgot about it until Wednesday night while I was in bed so I am afraid it didn't get opened until Thursday morning.

The 'spring' weather here is really terrible it has snowed every day for the past two weeks sometimes it has been like a blizzard but it has not settled yet to we have been lucky about that.

Niky and I went to some motor racing over Easter and it was really freezing. I thought that my feet would drop off at any minute. But at least in between races we could get back into the car.

It is 1:45 pm at the moment and since 9:30 am Niky has been messing about with the engine of the car and getting no wiser. His hands are just getting blacker. I just do not know how he will clean all the oil off his hands.

You asked me where I work. Well I work for the Midland Bank. It is one of the "big five" in England and the most underpaid. Although I enjoy my work so the pay doesn't really bother me. The branch I work at is only in a small village called Stanningly. It is only a couple of miles from Horsforth.

I was reading about a family of ten been shot to death in Ohio. Why on Earth people do things like this I just do not know. Recently a young seventeen year-old heiress was kidnapped from her house during the night and she was missing for seven weeks and they finally found her down a drain with a rope around her neck but they say that she died of shock. The police have still not found the man who did it but they believe he must be getting help somewhere. How anybody can do a thing or even hide somebody who has done must really be wrong in the head.

I have not seen Vanishing Point but Niky has seen it (with an old girlfriend so he never mentions it). We went to see Freebie and the Bean last week and we both enjoyed it but because it had James Caan in helped it enormously. I think he is gorgeous and he seems to be a happy person which helps. 

Well, Niky is finally giving it up and wants to go for a drive to see how it's running so I think that I had better close. Give my regards to your family and love to Sue.

Bye for now, lots of love, Janet


Note: Janet was Jeremy's brother, Nick's girlfriend. Until I found a pile of letters from her I didn't remember having communicated with her much at all. She and Nick married about a year later but divorced after less than ten years (I think). 


No comments:

Post a Comment

From Janet P March 25, 1977

  10 Westfield Drive, Yeadon Dear Dona, I am so sorry to have taken so long in replying to your letter but I should tell you that I cannot r...