Saturday, November 18, 2023

From Janet P July 6, 1975

 

6 Craggwood Terrace, Horsforth

Dear Dona,

I'm sorry that I have taken so long in writing back but my driving test is not very far away and I have been out most nights trying to get through the test.

My sister had a little girl on the 2nd of June at 5:30 pm. They are calling her Andrea Elizabeth. She weighed 7lb 11oz and has black hair. I don't know her length.

Did Jeremy give you the books I sent? I doubt if you will get around to reading them for a few weeks (5 or 6) but I don't want them back so don't worry about them.

Since Jeremy left we have watched Wimbledon every night. The gone out [?] full of confidence and realized it is not as easy as it looks.

I suppose you will have heard the result I felt sorry for Chris Evert. I don't really like her but she can really play tennis. She seems to stand in one place and has her opponent running all over the court. On the day of the men's finals I was trying to cut a dress out and it must have taken me about two hours just to pin the pattern on the material. Niky said from the first day of the tournament that Ash would win but I was sure it would be Connors. 

The weather here has been great for about 7 weeks but they say there is a potato shortage and fish and chips are going up to an awful price. Although it really is a blessing for weight watchers who want to be slim for their holidays, e.g., yours truly!

Anyway I had better close as Niky has arrived to go to his gramma's. Tell Jeremy all [have] been well. His brother will be a policeman by the time he arrives home.

Give my love to everybody and tell Jeremy to have a good time as I forgot to say anything last time I saw him.

Love,
Janet and Niky



Note: The books Janet mentioned must be the two Upstairs Downstairs books that I still have. I wondered where they came from. This must have been the trip where Jeremy and I made the clothespin ornaments. He made one of Nick as a policeman.



No comments:

Post a Comment

From Janet P March 25, 1977

  10 Westfield Drive, Yeadon Dear Dona, I am so sorry to have taken so long in replying to your letter but I should tell you that I cannot r...