Saturday, November 18, 2023

From Janet P June 1, 1975

 


6 Craggwood Terrace, Horsforth

Dear Dona,

Well we are all sat here waiting for my sister to hurry up and have her new baby. The doctor told her it was due today but besides the odd twinge there is no sign.

You ask why we have to save up to go out. Well if we really want to have a good time then we have to spend a lot of money and on our salaries we have to save up to get that money.

Yes I did know that Upstairs Downstairs got an award. Do you watch it at all? At one time I watched every episode but it got to the stage where I could not keep track. Although I have bought all the books.

Yes I did know about Eric as a matter of fact Niky's Mum and Dad went away last week so the three of us looked at some slides one night and Jeremy got his of America down and there was one of Eric among them.

I wish I could find somebody to play tennis with me as I would really love to learn but it would have to be someone as bad as me. Both Niky and Jeremy are pretty good so if I started to play with them I'd feel pretty stupid when I missed every serve.

You will probably have finished school when you get my letter. Will you be getting a job for the holiday until college, or will you not bother because Jeremy is coming over for so long?

The time has gone really quick since he told us that he would be coming over, but for you it will seem like years. I know when Niky goes away for a week I get really fed up and depressed and nobody comes near me for days in case they get their heads bitten off. I remember the fist summer we went out with each other he went to Austria for 12 days. All I thought about were other girls he would meet but his Mum told me that he moped about 'til the day they arrived home.

Last weekend we took Jeremy and Neil to some motor racing and he really is beginning to perk up a bit. All he talks about is America (Dona of course) and his cactus [?].

Well I really must close now as it is late and I have to get up to go to work (yuck!).

Love,
Janet

PS Niky sends his love


Note: I am surprised that I mentioned tennis because I don't remember ever having much interest in it -- although I did learn how to score at some time. I'm not sure I deciphered the last word of the 8th paragraph correctly. I don't recall Jeremy having a cactus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

From Janet P March 25, 1977

  10 Westfield Drive, Yeadon Dear Dona, I am so sorry to have taken so long in replying to your letter but I should tell you that I cannot r...