Thursday, November 23, 2023

From Janet P February 29, 1976

 

Dear Dona,

I'm really sorry it has taken me so long to write back to your letters. We seem to be out all the time either with friends or just arranging things for "The Great Day". Do you know the wedding is 6 months away and we have had to book everything already.

When I received your letter with your measurements I really felt fed up. You're so slim.

I don't know if you will have heard about Mrs. Bridges dying but it was so sudden. They were thinking of a series of her and Mr. Hudson but I suppose they will have to scrap it as she is really irreplaceable. 

You have asked about Neil and Matthew. Well I will tell you. Neil is 9 his birthday is October 20th. He is very noisy and always in mischief but when he is out we all miss him. He is going to be very tall and good looking. He has beautiful thick hair and gets very brown in the summer. He adores swimming and Niky and I have started taking him to play squash with us and he enjoys that also.

He had a lot of trouble with learning to read but he has started to pick up a bit now and enjoys school a bit better. If you want to know any more just let me know but I don't know what else to write.

Matthew is 4 and was born on the 15th of December 1971 one month early. He is very small featured but I think he will grow tall as his dad is very tall. He went to playschool 2 mornings a week before Christmas but after Christmas he started to go to Infant school every after noon. He, unlike Neil, loves school but he lives on a quiet estate where as we live with lots of children on a busy little estate so I suppose he will have been a bit lonely. His best friend is called James and they fight over the train set. He has got very thin white hair and is an angel compared to Neil but he still gets into mischief.

Andrea, Matthew's sister is 9 months old. She is just like a little doll. She is really beautiful and is so good but she's not very keen on Niky whereas Matthew adores him. Everybody says she is just like me even Niky's mum so it just shows how beautiful she is!

Well I really have to stop as Streets of San Francisco is starting soon and I think Mike Douglas is super. I suppose the story is the same every week. Anyway bye for now.

Love,
Janet and Niky

P.S. I did my proposing today. Did you?


Note: I wish I still had the dress I wore in the wedding. It was really pretty. Not that I'd fit in it now, but it was a pretty dress -- white eyelet cotton with a orangish under skirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

From Janet P March 25, 1977

  10 Westfield Drive, Yeadon Dear Dona, I am so sorry to have taken so long in replying to your letter but I should tell you that I cannot r...